Job ID: 210438
Nursing Director Critical Care Services - CSM Milwaukee - Full Time
Regular / Rotating
Additional Job Information
Title: Director-Critical Care Nursing
City, State: Milwaukee,WI
Location: CSM Hospital Milwaukee
Department: Administration 001
Additional Job Details: Full-Time,Rotating, 40 hours,Weekly
Director of Critical Care
In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care – including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities – in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.ascension.org/wisconsin. We’re looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
Develops strategies to align with the mission, vision and values of the organization. Provides oversight for areas of responsibility to ensure achievement of goals for the department(s). This would be an ideal position for an individual who wants to grow a program.
- Provides leadership to management within areas of responsibility.
- Oversees the development and continuous improvement of services, policies, processes, and programs.
- Formulates and implements operational strategies and initiatives.
- Oversees operations, budget, financial targets, and human resources management.
- Works collaboratively with medical staff; solicits their issues, concerns and/or opportunities for improved patient care, unit wellness and service growth.
- Provides leadership related to staffing and performance standards, job classifications and compliance with regulatory bodies.
- Obtain/maintain knowledge of innovations and trends in practice and technology, and is a champion for change to enhance quality, improve efficiency, increase volumes and to maximize patient, physician and staff satisfaction.
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date. This certification is only required for Cardiac Rehab, ICU/Intermediate Care, Med Surg 6E & 3S, Endoscopy/GI Units, Surgery, Surg Ambulatory, Recovery, Perioperative Care, Emergency, Testing & Treatment, Interventional Radiology.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) required
- Master's Level Degree
- Master's Degree in Nursing or a health related field required
- Three - five years of progressively responsible leadership experience required.
How To Apply
We urge you to apply to any/all positions that you have interest in. If you fit the qualifications for the role, we will reach out to you. Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterik), as well as additional information that is requested of you. Information that you offer us will better assist us in understanding your qualifications and fit for the position(s) you've applied for.
For questions or assistance with completing the online application, please contact Ascension Candidate Care at 855-778-6037.
Also to note, our online application system may not be compatible with non-Windows based operating systems (iPhones, iPads, or Mac computers).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement