Job ID: 214374
Registered Nurse (RN) - New Graduate (Next Residency to start July 2018)
Regular / Rotating
Additional Job Information
As a new graduate RN, would you like to start your career in a caring, compassionate, and holistic environment? At St.Vincent, nursing is more than a job; it’s a calling with a purpose of caring, healing and hope. If you have an overwhelming desire to make a difference, we invite you to apply now to join our community of extraordinary nurses, physicians and other multi-disciplinary staff dedicated to healthcare that focuses on the whole person—body, mind and spirit. Once you apply, we will be in touch to learn more about your calling to serve and your shift and schedule preferences.
The New Grad Residency:
•Helps bridge the gap between the more restricted practice in schools of nursing and actual practice in acute care settings
• Allows new nurses to begin learning about their new role prior to licensure and after licensure
• Provides support, mentoring, and coaching the new nurse in such a way that he/she learns to provide safe and quality care of body, mind, and spirit, the “St.Vincent way”
•Encourages the new nurse to choose to remain employed in a supportive St.Vincent environment that continues to aid development throughout a nurse’s career
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) – New Graduate
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Facility: Various St.Vincent Ministries: Indianapolis, Heart Center, Carmel, Fishers, Anderson, Kokomo, Mercy, Dunn, Jennings, Salem, Williamsport, Clay, Randolph
Shift: Multiple Night, Evening, and Day Shift Available
Schedules: Multiple Full-Time (FT) Available
Departments: Multiple Units Available
- Medical Specialties
- Surgical Specialties
- Critical Care
- Progressive Care
- Mental / Behavioral Health
St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana’s largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women’s and children’s health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care.
The Graduate Nurse, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) preceptor, provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Completes assigned nursing orders as directed by preceptor, including assisting patient with activities of daily living and taking vital signs.
- Observes patient status and responses.
- Documents and reports observations to preceptor or other appropriate staff.
- Assists preceptor with development of care plan by reporting test results and patient observations.
- Performs other tasks as assigned, including environmental services and preparing/transporting patients for diagnostic services.
- Certified BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certification specializing in Advanced Cardio Life Support.
- Minimum Qualification: Associate's Degree in Nursing by hire date to position
- Preferred Qualification: Graduated from a nursing program accredited through the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Preferred Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing by hire date to position
How To Apply
Service of the Poor. Reverence. Integrity. Wisdom. Creativity. Dedication.
These are the Core Values we uphold at St.Vincent.
If they describe you, you may be a good candidate to join our nationally-recognized team at one of our many Indiana ministries.
To view our job openings, visit www.stvincent.org/jobs
To apply for a position online, click the "Apply Now" button.
Our online application system may not be compatible with non-Windows based operating systems (iPhones, iPads, or Mac computers) or non-Internet Explorer browsers. To optimize your user experience, we recommend utilizing a personal computer with Window Internet Explorer 8 to search and apply for career opportunities.
For questions or assistance with completing the online application, please contact Ascension candidate care at 855-778-6037.
The Spirit of Caring
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)