Job ID: 214566
Registered Nurse (RN) - Long Term Acute Care (LTACH)
Regular / Rotating
Additional Job Information
Are you a Registered Nurse (RN) with the vital calling to care for patients who are critically ill and need an extended hospitalization for their recovery? At St.Vincent Seton Specialty Hospital, you will be part of a team providing acute care focused on the most chronic and medically complex patients. At St.Vincent, nursing is more than a job; it’s a calling with a purpose of caring, healing and hope.
If you have an overwhelming desire to make a difference, we invite you to apply now to join our community of extraordinary nurses, physicians and other multi-disciplinary staff dedicated to healthcare that focuses on the whole person—body, mind and spirit. Once you apply, we will be in touch to learn more about your calling to serve and your shift and schedule preferences.
Specializing in the treatment of medically complex patients
Title: Registered Nurse (RN)
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Facility: St.Vincent Hospital, Indianapolis
Shift: Multiple Night, Evening, and Day Shift Available
Schedules: Multiple Full-Time (FT), Part-time (PT) and PRN Schedules Available
St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana’s largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women’s and children’s health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care.
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Certified BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certification specializing in Advanced Cardio Life Support.
- Minimum Qualification: Associate's Degree in Nursing by hire date to position
- Preferred Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing by hire date to position
- Preferred Qualification: One year of experience working as a Registered Nurse (RN).
How To Apply
Service of the Poor. Reverence. Integrity. Wisdom. Creativity. Dedication.
These are the Core Values we uphold at St.Vincent.
If they describe you, you may be a good candidate to join our nationally-recognized team at one of our many Indiana ministries.
To view our job openings, visit www.stvincent.org/jobs
To apply for a position online, click the "Apply Now" button.
Our online application system may not be compatible with non-Windows based operating systems (iPhones, iPads, or Mac computers) or non-Internet Explorer browsers. To optimize your user experience, we recommend utilizing a personal computer with Window Internet Explorer 8 to search and apply for career opportunities.
For questions or assistance with completing the online application, please contact Ascension candidate care at 855-778-6037.
The Spirit of Caring
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)