Job ID: 217838
Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiovascular Units- (PCCU - CVPV)
Regular / Rotating
Additional Job Information
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiovascular
City, State: Indianapolis, IN
Location: Indianapolis-2001 West 86th St
Additional Job Details: Multiple Units, Shifts & Schedules Available
Departments: Progressive Cardiac Care Unit (PCCU) and Cardio Vascular Peripheral Vascular (CVPV)
St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana’s largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women’s and children’s health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care.
At St. Vincent, nursing is more than a job; it’s a calling with a purpose of caring, healing and hope. If you have an overwhelming desire to make a difference, we invite you to apply now to join our community of extraordinary nurses, physicians and other multi-disciplinary staff dedicated to healthcare that focuses on the whole person—body, mind and spirit. Once you apply, we will be in touch to learn more about your calling to serve and your shift and schedule preferences.
Are you a Registered Nurse (RN) with the vital calling to treat patients suffering from heart diseases and conditions? As a Cardiac Care Nurse, you have a desire to be challenged and excel in intense, fast-paced environments. St. Vincent Indianapolis Hospital offers some of the most advanced cardiovascular care in the world?
Our Cardiovascular units are expanding. We are looking for RNs for both day and night shift to grow our team for this specific cardiac population.
- Cardiac (chest pain, MI, arrhythmias, cath/PCI, etc.)
- PRE-Open Heart (CABG, Valve, etc.)
- Heart Failure
- PRE-VAD (Ventricular Assist Device)
- Cardiac Transplant
Cardio Vascular Peripheral Vascular (CVPV)
- Open Heart (CABG, Valve, etc.)
- Peripheral Vascular (percutaneous and surgical interventions)
- Cardiac Transplant Ventricular Assist Device
Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Indiana Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred
- 1 Year Preferred Registered Nurse Experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)