Job ID: 217855
Registered Nurse RN - Critical Care ICU - Medical ICU, Trauma Neuro ICU, Cardiovascular ICU
Regular / Rotating
Additional Job Information
Title: Registered Nurse RN - Staff - Critical Care Intensive Care Unit
City, State: Indianapolis, IN
Location: Indianapolis-2001 West 86th St
Department: Medical ICU (MICU), Trauma Neuro ICU (TNICU), CardioVascular Transplant Critical Care (CVTU)
Additional Job Details: Multiple Units, Shifts & Schedules May be Available
Who Are We…
St. Vincent is the 8th largest employer in the state with 20 hospitals. Voted one of the 15 Best Health Systems in the Nation by Thomson Reuters. A Teaching Hospital with a Magnet Designation for nursing.
St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women’s and children’s health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care.
- At St. Vincent, nursing is more than a job; it’s a calling with a purpose of caring, healing and hope.
- Come Make a Difference - by joining the St. Vincent Nurse Family of Super Hero Nurses dedicated to healthcare that focuses on the whole person— body, mind and spirit.
As a Critical Care ICU Nurse, you have a desire to be challenged and excel in intense, fast-paced environments. Critical thinking is YOU.
- We have 3 AMAZING ICU units at St. Vincent:
- Trauma Neuro Surgical ICU - (TNICU)
- Medical ICU (MICU)
- Cardiovascular Transplant Critical Care Unit (CVTU)
Trauma Neuro Surgical ICU - (TNICU)
- Level 1 TRAUMA Center with state-of-the-art facility designed to provide patients with serious or life-threatening injuries the highly-specialized care they need.
Medical ICU (MICU)
- Large, fast paced environment providing care for complex, high-acuity patients, utilizing a team-focused, supportive approach. Provides care for critical medical (multisystem organ failure, diabetic ketoacidosis, status post cardiopulmonary arrest, etc.) patients.
Cardiovascular Transplant Critical Care Unit - (CVTU)
- Highly acute Cardiac ICU/Cardiac Recovery Unit specializing in advanced heart failure, transplant, VAD’s, thoracic and vascular patient populations.
The calling of the Critical Care Nurse…..
The Registered Nurse (RN) - Critical Care provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Required Credential(s):
- Basic Life Support Minimum Qualification: Basic Life Support (BLS) certification obtained within thirty days of hire date to position.
- Registered Nurse Minimum Qualification: Valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the State of Indiana obtained upon hire date to position.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Preferred Qualification: Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Minimum Qualification: Associate's Degree in Nursing by hire date to position
- Preferred Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing by hire date to position
- Preferred Qualification: One year of experience working as a Registered Nurse (RN).
Equal Employment Opportunity:
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
(link to E-verify site) E-Verify