Job ID: 236193
Public Relations Specialist Ascension Wisconsin/Greater Milwaukee Region
Regular / Day
Additional Job Information
Title: Specialist MarCom
City, State: Milwaukee, WI
Location: Ascn Corp 400 W River
Department: Communications 001
Additional Job Details: Full-Time,Day, 40 hours,Weekly
- Collaborates with Ascension Wisconsin Marketing/Communications team and national Public Relations team on communication planning, policies and practices, and development of public relations/media materials.
- Focuses on implementing Ascension Wisconsin’s thought leadership priorities.
- Builds and maintains ongoing relationships with the greater Milwaukee region’s media contacts.
- Develops various media materials, such as press releases, media pitches, talking points, statements and other pieces.
- Pitches and places earned media.
- Supports the development of public awareness and service line PR campaigns, major announcements, editorial placements, speaking opportunities and key award submissions.
- Ensures consistent framing of messaging and refines core messaging in deliverables, supporting organizational consistency in all aspects of Ascension Wisconsin’s communications.
- Generates public awareness and measurable results from targeted campaigns.
- Provides collaborative, strategic partnership to the national PR team.
- Develops work plans to successfully achieve objectives and goals. Monitors, tracks and measures results; compiles and distributes data and reports.
- Directly involved in day-to-day operations.
Bachelor's degree in a related field, or combination of High School degree and related experience
- Three years in the marketing and/or communications specialty area (Brand Marketing, Internal Communications or Public & Media Relations) preferred. Effective communicator capable of gaining the confidence and respect of peers and key stakeholders is required.
- Public Relations/Media Relations experience strongly preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.