Job ID: 244444
Counselor - Behavioral Health
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Title: Behavioral Health Counselor 4
Pay Fee Split
City, State: Livonia,MI
Location: Eastwood: Livonia - 34008
Department: Eastwood Livonia
Additional Job Details: PRN,Day
Minimum 16 hours, prefer 25-30 hours.
Ascension Eastwood Clinics welcome and actively seeks to hire, applicants with disabilities, including those who have been in recovery from substance use disorders for at least 2 years.
Why Join Ascension?
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
The Behavioral Health Counselor 4 provides behavioral health counseling services.
- Conducts patient assessments and establishes therapy treatment goals.
- Administers individual and group therapy. Maintains thorough and confidential records of observations.
- Evaluates progress and effectiveness of therapy interventions.
- Provides patient with information regarding resources and therapeutic activities in the community.
- Assists in case management, outreach, aftercare, collaboration with referral sources and collaboration with health providers.
- Participates in clinical supervision as well as responds to acute care needs of patients.
- Maintains relationships with community resources, referral sources, agencies and associations.
- Provides health education programs.
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified by the Michigan Certification Board for Addiction Professionals (MCBAP) required for substance abuse services only. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing office.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Licensed Master Social Worker preferred. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing office.
- Master's Level Degree
- Master's level degree required
- Two years of experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.