Job ID: 249996
Surgical Technologist Certified (CST)
Regular / Rotating
Additional Job Information
Title: Surgical Technologist Spclty
City, State: Weston,WI
Location: WIAPP St. Clare's, 3400 Ministry Pkwy
Department: Surgery 001
Additional Job Details: PRN As Needed - Rotating
In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care – including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities – in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.ascension.org/wisconsin. We’re looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
Facilitates the safe and efficient performance of surgical procedures.
- Prepares surgical operating suite with sterile drapes and sterile solutions as well as appropriate sterile and non-sterile instruments and supplies.
- Hands required/requested instruments and supplies to surgeon during surgery.
- Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients.
- Maintains instruments in an organized manner and monitors/tracks instruments counts throughout procedures.
- Participates in training of new department employees.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Certified Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA).
- Completion of a Surgical Technologist program required
- Minimum one (1) year of clinical experience in the field of the primary work required.
How To Apply
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement