Job ID: 259366
Chief Medical Officer
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Title: Chief Medical Officer
City, State: Nashville, TN
Location: TNNAS HDQTR 523 Mainstream Dr
Department: Administration 019
Additional Job Details: FT Days
Why Join Ascension?
What You Will Do
- Make healthcare easier to access and to understand for healthcare consumers, empowering them to manage their health outcomes;
- Create a seamless healthcare experience that offers the right level of safe care in the right location at the right time, providing more efficient healthcare solutions for payers;
- Engage providers with rational and actionable information to support their population health efforts.
- Serve as Ascension’s Population Health Leader, providing executive direction toward achieving ACM goals focused on clinical care and model design, population health and value-based strategies.
- Develop and execute clinical and care management strategy, design organizational structure and supporting work systems, and create processes for achieving business goals.
- Be responsible for growth, revenue, cost of care, operating gain, quality results and operational efficiency/effectiveness.
- Direct management of leaders in Clinical Operations, Clinical Functions of Payor, TPA and Risk Services, Clinical Quality, and Associate Wellness.
- Matrixed oversight for the following functions associated with risk services: associate health, occupational medicine and worker’s compensation.
- Inform national efforts related to advocacy, including policy and regulatory issues impacting Ascension.
- Act as a clinical population health thought leader for Ascension and support Ministry Wide Functions and Centers of Excellence related to care delivery.
- MD or DO with Active license
- Ability to serve as the Medical Director for various programs, including the CMS Medicare Shared Savings Program
- 5 years or more of progressive leadership roles within population health
- Advanced management degree preferred
- Proven experience as Chief Clinical Officer or similar leadership role
- A strong strategic and business mindset
- Ability to work within a highly matrixed, complex organization with strong relational and influential skills
- A strong commitment to the mission of Catholic healthcare and a personal and professional presence to provide leadership on behalf of Ascension; a values driven, authentic, virtuous, servant leadership style which is guided in thinking, and in acting, by a sensitivity to the Mission and core Values of Ascension.
- Strong operational and business acumen concerning value-based care, value-based payment arrangements and population health
- Subject matter expertise pertaining to health needs of individuals and communities along both the physiologic and psychologic dimensions
- Strong knowledge of the healthcare and wellness national ecosystem
- Understanding of the policy and legislative process
- Understanding of clinical informatics, data, clinical IT, and clinical systems
- Innovative and creative thinking with ability to operationalize
- High emotional intelligence
- State licensure for practice of medicine
- Board certification or eligibility
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.