Job ID: 264000
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Title: Pharmacy Manager - Borgess Pipp
City, State: Plainwell, MI
Location: Borgess Pipp Hospital
Department: Pharmacy Services IP 003
Additional Job Details: Full-Time Day, 40 Hours Weekly
Why Join Ascension?
Based in Kalamazoo, Borgess provides care for nearly 1 million people annually in cardiac, neurologic, orthopedic, vascular and bariatric services, among others. We are one of the region’s largest health systems and employers and have been serving as part of Ascension since 1999.
What You Will Do
The Pharmacy Manager at Borgess Pipp will manage the daily operations of clinical pharmacy services.
- Develops and implements performance improvement activities to include medication safety, medication use evaluation and pharmacoeconomics.
- Conducts competency assessments and coordinates training and development of pharmacists, pharmacy residents and pharmacy students.
- Develops and manages departmental budget to promote pharmacoeconomics.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and Board of Pharmacy rules and regulations. Also serves on various committees.
- Responsible for organizing and coordinating pharmacy operations and managing professional and technical personnel.
- Adhere to the organization's Corporate Compliance program; adherence, includes but is not limited to, attendance at mandatory Corporate Compliance in-services, carrying out position responsibilities consistent with program guidelines, and reporting any violation of Corporate Compliance.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
- Required Credential(s):
- Finger Printing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Pharmacist obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy required.
- Two to three years progressively more responsible related work experience necessary in order to gain fully understanding of Pharmacy Services and laws relating thereto, and direct unit personnel required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.