Job ID: 283227
Executive Director/CEO of Daughters of Charity Services of San Antonio
St. Louis, Missouri
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Position Located in San Antonio, TX
CEO Daughters of Charity - Full Time, Day - DCSSA - San Antonio, TX
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension’s Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
Position Summary: Executive Director/CEO
Daughters of Charity Services of San Antonio is a member of Ascension Health, a national health care system.
As a member of Ascension Health, and like other Catholic healthcare systems, Daughters of Charity Services is directed by the Church to care for those most in need.
The Executive Director/CEO has responsibility for the operations and sustainability of DCSSA in conjunction with Ascension Health and the local board. The Executive Director/CEO formulates and implements operational strategies and best practices that position the ministry to meet community needs in a high quality, cost-effective manner that addresses population health and social determinants of health.
This position has oversight and management of multi services at multi sites:
- La Mision: medical, dental, behavioral health, and health education
- El Carmen: Wellness Center, summer day camp
- Wesley Child Development Center: early childhood education, behavioral health, family services
- DePaul Child Development Center: early childhood education, behavioral health, family services
- DePaul Center: social services, emergency assistance, teen pregnancy prevention program, community health workers, after-school services, community development and outreach services
By 2021, if it fully executes on its positioning strategies, DCSSA will increase community contributions, will diversify its patient base at La Mision Family Health Care facility; and improve integration and revenue generation across all programs, ultimately supporting the sustainability of the organization.
The CEO has responsibility for the sustainability of DCSSA in conjunction with Ascension Health and the local board. The CEO formulates and implements operational strategies and best practices that position the ministry to meet community needs in a high quality, cost-effective manner that addresses population health and social determinants of health.
The Executive Director/CEO leads and manages the overall operations and staff of the DCSSA in accordance with policies and goals established by Ascension Health. The Executive Director/CEO works in cooperation with the Vice President of Ascension Community Health Ministries and DCSSA Board members to implement the Organization’s strategic and operations goals in order to fulfill its mission and vision. The Executive Director/CEO also oversees a budget of just over $6.5million and mentors a strong, results oriented staff focused on achieving the Organization’s goals and objectives.
The successful candidate is a visionary faith-based leader of strong integrity with an entrepreneurial spirit who has a combination of strategic thinking and operational proficiencies in the area of early childhood development, clinic operations, and social services. A candidate who can serve as a role model of best management practices and decision making within 4 very distinct program services. The Executive Director/CEO must possess a leadership style that is active and collaborative in nature and empowers staff to achieve their highest potential and willing to work alongside staff on tactical operational duties. The Executive Director/CEO is accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to easily adapt to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each team member and to our service recipients who have varying needs.
- Innovative in leading the development of the knowledge, infrastructure, culture, and competencies necessary to establish DCSSA as a respected provider of meeting its mission of providing medical, dental, wellness, behavioral, early childhood development, social services, and community development services.
- Leads the development and execution of a comprehensive staffing plan to ensure that DCSSA can, in a cost-effective manner, nurture the development of required core competencies for the staff that is required to provide mission driven high-quality programs and support services.
- Builds strong, new, strategic partnerships with the community, corporate and government leaders to further the mission of the DCSSA. The Executive Director/CEO is the face of the Organization.
- Designs and implements new predictive and predictable models to integrate services that provide value and wrap-around services to the persons served. Source, secure and convert to service models that are best-practices for meeting the mission goals of service in the most financially feasible way.
- In tandem with the Director of Development /Grants, leads the development and execution of a new comprehensive fundraising strategy that will generate sustainable revenues to permit the DCCSA to execute its strategic vision.
- Plans, directs and evaluates the administrative and operational functions of healthcare clinics, early childhood education programs, behavioral health, social services, and community development.
- Responsible for oversight and management of administrative support functions of grant and fund development, finance, human resources, facilities, IT, USDA food services for early childhood education.
- Provides a faith-based atmosphere of person centered care as the Chief Mission Officer among an inspired team of dedicated associates.
- Aligns clinical, educational and social services to provide quantitative and qualitative value to the primary service areas within South San Antonio by incorporating recognized outcome measures such as HEDIS, HRSA, Federally Funded Child Development Programs, USDA, United Way and others.
Specific initiatives Include:
- Explore partnerships with colleges, medical and nursing schools
- Enhance relationship with school districts
- Target specific middle-income households with kids age 0-4 to boost full pay childcare enrollment
- Formalize relationships with Managed Care payers
- Maximize patient services revenue
- Create a Development Council/Develop a diversified private philanthropy plan
- Align business efforts across DCSSA network to optimize service delivery
- Seek to increase its CHIP and Medicaid patient base by promoting services to childcare clients, partnering with payers and the San Antonio independent school districts.
What You Will Need
- Master’s degree preferred. Business Administration, Public Health, or Social Science fields preferred.
- Seven years of experience in a leadership capacity at a health and human service organization or early childhood education
- Experience working in in a safety-net, public institution or FQHC healthcare clinic environment with a demonstrated experience of health care policy, revenue management and reporting
- Experience working in a Head Start program with knowledge of meeting all program requirements and achieving educational outcome.
- English/Spanish language skills a plus
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to work as a hands-on leader, with a direct approach to problem solving, coupled with the ability to listen to and involve members of the senior management team
- Innovative, strong strategic planning skills
- Ability to drive change in the organization and motivate staff
- Strong communication skills, including aptitude for public speaking
- Ability to develop a solid network with key community stakeholders
- Ability to lead effective fundraising programs
- Knowledge and experience in best practices of non-profit management and leadership with a proven track record of accomplishment
- Budgeting and financial experience and acumen including a thorough understanding of financial statements
- Knowledge and management experience in human resource management. Ability to make difficult staffing decisions.
- Ability to inspire and build trust and confidence with Board members, donors, clients, staff and key volunteers
- Ability to build a cohesive team by listening, engaging board and staff members and local state and national stakeholders
- An established reputation for high ethical standards
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.