Job ID: 287097
Manager of Operations
Binghamton, New York
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Manager of Operations - Supply Chain Admin - FT Days - NYBIN 169 Our Lady Lourdes Mem - Binghamton, NY
Why Join Ascension?
The Resource Group, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ascension, is a business transformation services organization that specializes in non-payroll spend management. Through the Integrated Change Management Model, The Resource Group delivers value through change management, operations and logistics, sourcing and contracting, analytics, and continuous process improvement.
This model challenges the status quo by:
- Developing an innovative new approach to contracting, where practicing caregivers from our Participants guide all decision-making, and products and services are contracted for based on attributes rather than brand preference
- Standardizing and optimizing operations and logistics by closing warehouses, improving inventory management, and improving operational key performance indicators
- Elevating resource and supply management from the basement to the boardroom by recruiting top talent from a multitude of industries beyond healthcare
From FY14 to FY18, The Resource Group has achieved an incremental annual saving of approximately $102M through Therapeutic Affinity Group initiatives. While these efforts will continue to be supported, we must also begin to identify additional clinical opportunities to support the Ascension Clinical Variation efforts that requires the delivery of $400M in savings.
This success enabled The Resource Group to expand outside of Ascension to serve all healthcare systems looking to decrease non-payroll expenses and increase operational efficiencies. Today, The Resource Group serves 2,500 locations including 160 acute care hospitals across 24 states and Washington D.C.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with The Resource Group, you will have the opportunity to manage the daily operations of the Supply Chain Management department.
- Ensure that all services and activities regarding distribution are carried out accurately and in a timely manner.
- Serve as liaison to achieve departmental goals.
- Manage staff relations, including performance management, staff satisfaction and conflict management.
- Monitor departmental budgets, regulatory compliance, departmental contracts and vendor relations.
- Perform ongoing assessment, review and update of departmental procedures, processes and workflow to produce high-quality, cost-effective delivery of products and services.
- Implement improvement plans based on the Director's approval.
- Provide project management for product conversions or other initiatives within the organization.
- Document and communicate common processes for all distribution functions across Ascension Health.
- Communicate opportunities for improvement in the distribution network and help determine key metrics and provide recommendations to guide management.
- Assist in the development and alignment among operational policies, procedures and ongoing improvement projects.
- Assist with developing and rolling out growth strategies and projects.
- Determine feasibility of projects factoring costs, available space, schedule limitations, company goals, technical requirements and economic factors.
- Supervise supply chain operational activities overseeing a minimum of annual hospital-wide expenses less than $10.0 million and inventory value less than $1.0.million.
- Supervise operational direct reports, provide a format for growth and development of supervisors and oversee all activities of hospital supply chain operations staff.
- Monitor and adjust supply costs, staff mix and productivity to achieve optimum use of resources.
- Measure and report operational metrics on departmental/ministry levels and participate in benchmarking on a regional and national level.
What You Will Need
- Bachelors Level Degree required.
- Masters preferred.
- Three to five years of progressively responsible operations experience with one year of management experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.