Job ID: 286951
Occupational Health RN
We Are Hiring
Occupational Health RN - Associate Health and Wellness - FT Days, 8AM-4:30, M-F - Seton Family Healthcare - Austin, TX
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Care Management (ACM) creates customized healthcare solutions for health systems, payers, and employers that stabilize costs, improve outcomes, and enhance the experience for both providers and individuals. Our range of services strive to create a seamless healthcare experience for providers, payers and healthcare leaders by improving access to and removing complexity from the delivery of healthcare.
ACM serves 1.3 million patients across the nation and manages more than 20,000 providers through our clinically integrated networks of providers. ACM helps our customers eliminate stress and uncertainty, allowing them to confidently provide quality, value-based services and solutions. Beyond traditional population health management solutions, ACM offers additional expertise in claims management, care coordination, risk management and safety strategies that allow healthcare leaders to avoid challenges and capitalize on healthcare opportunities.
What You Will Do
As an Occupational Health RN, you will have the opportunity to provide health care services to the organization's employees in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Provide treatment for job related injuries and illnesses.
- Conduct pre-employment health screenings and immunization clinics.
- Ensure compliance with applicable workplace safety laws and regulations. May also conduct safety training programs.
- Provide employee counseling and referrals for occupational injuries and illnesses as well as other health-related matters.
- Document the nursing process in care management, evaluate care effectiveness, and document all aspects of assessment and care management. Conduct health screening and surveillance activities including occupational and environmental health histories and health assessments. Assess and identify occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses. Assess essential functions of job to facilitate hiring, proper placement, fitness for duty, reasonable accommodation, and return to work.
- Implement occupational and environmental health and safety education and training which incorporate knowledge of current laws and regulations governing worker, worksite and community health and safety. Collaborate with other disciplines in regards to education and training programs. Collaborate with other professionals to identify potential exposures in the work environment through periodic worksite walk through, focused inspections, records review, job hazard analysis, and incident investigations.
- Maintain and safeguard overall recordkeeping system and associate case management records in keeping with established codes of ethics and legal or regulatory requirements to assure confidentiality of candidates for case management, early intervention, or with gaps in the service continuum. Implements effective return to work and modified duty programs.
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate health promotion and disease prevention and control strategies and programs by providing programs and services that increase awareness of health issues and choices. Identifies resources that describe relevant research findings and applies them to practice. Assist in coordinating the provision of occupational health services and programs through participation in the formulation of goals, plans, and decisions related to programs and services, and development of the budget for the program or service.
What You Will Need
Education & Licensure:
- Associate's degree from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
- 1 year of experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.