Job ID: 287090
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) - Psychiatry
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Medical Assistant - Psychiatry
Full-Time - 36 hours per week. Monday - Friday - Day Shifts - No weekends
Why Join Ascension?
In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care – including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities – in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.ascension.org/wisconsin. We’re looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to assist with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician.
- Assists with treatments ordered by physician as supervised by physician or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- Draws and/or collects lab specimens.
- Prepares specimens for testing/analysis or shipment to external laboratories.
- Presents medication to patient and observes ingestion or administers medication using specified procedures.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Registered Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Registry of Medical Assistants obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Healthcare Association obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certification specializing Occupational Hearing Conservation credentialed from the Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation (CAOHC). Certification may be required at some locations.
- HS or Equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Completion of a Medical Assistant program preferred.
- No experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement