Job ID: 287199
Community Benefit Director
St Louis, Missouri
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Community Benefit Director - Mission Services 001 - FT Days - MOSTL 4600 Headquarters - St Louis, MO
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension’s Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to direct operations for Community Benefit serving an organization's market or region.
- Serve as ministry leadership to oversees the process, schedule, accountabilities, relationships, and reporting related to community benefit, needs assessments and implementation strategies.
- Direct and oversee the development of needs assessment plans, local implementation strategies, annual action plans and reporting of results.
- Direct community benefit budgeting and accounting activities.
- Oversee the completion of applicable documents and present as appropriate to local boards and others for approval.
- Direct and oversee communication and education to appropriate boards, leadership and associates.
- Assure an annual community benefit report is posted publicly.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or combination of High School degree and related experience required.
- Master's degree in a related field preferred.
- 5 Years Required Technical Experience.
- 7 Years Preferred Technical Experience.
- 3 years of leadership/management experience is required.
- 5 years of leadership/management experience is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.