Job ID: 288109
CNA Certified Nursing Assistant - Senior Care
We Are Hiring
CNA-LTC - Nursing Administration 001 - Part-Time,Evening - Terrace At St. Francis - Milwaukee,WI
Why Join Ascension?
In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care – including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities – in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.ascension.org/wisconsin. We’re looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
What You Will Do
As an Associate, you will have the opportunity to
Performs basic patient care activities to long term care patients.
- Assists with treatments ordered by physician and supervised by a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Assists patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living.
- Reports findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff. Assures resident safety by identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
- Assists with keeping patient rooms clean and orderly.
- Ensures accurate and complete documentation.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified Nursing Assistant credentialed from the state of Wisconsin, and in Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry with eligibility to work within a hospital setting obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- HS or Equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- No experience required; experience in the job related field preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement