Job ID: 288535
Director, Physician Recruitment
St Louis, Missouri
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Director, Physician Recruitment - Legacy PPM - FT Days - MOSTL 4600 Headquarters - St Louis, MO
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension’s Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to create recruitment and retention strategies for physicians and midlevel's.
- Direct the provider recruitment team across Ascension through mentoring and prioritization of department operations, assigned searches, workload and special projects.
- Develop recruitment models, processes and policies that can be implemented across the medical groups for clinic/ambulatory care physicians and advanced practice providers.
- Direct the development and implementation of practices, policies and procedures in all functional areas of the department and assure compliance with all federal/state laws and healthcare accreditation/regulatory agencies.
- Serve as a subject matter expert with regard to any guidance provided to AMG dyad leaders or other levels of AMG management in recruitment.
- Facilitate activities to assist in problem identification and resolution, consensus building, mediation and completion.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
- Preferred candidate has excellent written and verbal communication and team building skills to ensure effective interaction with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Preferred candidate possesses strong problem solving, conceptual and analytical skills.
- Preferred candidate must be innovative, results-oriented organized, adaptable and efficient.
- Preferred candidate must be able to think and work in partnership with AMG leadership; yet function effectively independently and in a team environment
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.