Job ID: 289373
Senior Director, Value Management
St Louis, Missouri
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Senior Director, Value Management - Business Management Administration - Full-Time, Days - St Louis, MO
Why Join Ascension?
We provide Ascension and its subsidiaries low-cost, high-value IT infrastructure and software application services that:
• Support rapid and effective clinical decision making
• Improve efficiency and care transitions
• Foster information sharing across the continuum of care
• Make knowledge and data actionable, leading to improved patient outcomes
What You Will Do
POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Director, Value Management reports to the Vice President, Business Management, and is responsible for managing the measurement and reporting of the value provided by Ascension Technologies to external business partners and internal leaders and associates of Ascension Technologies.
- Establishment and execution of a strategic vision for Value Management and how it aligns with the vision for Ascension and Ascension Technologies
- Direct and continuous interaction with Ascension Technologies Executive Council members to understand how the definition of value is evolving in their areas, how to be ahead of the value measurement trends, and how to effectively report on the value created.
- Development of and maintenance of a scorecard for measuring value that is meaningful to business partners of Ascension Technologies.
- Involvement in the commercial business plan for Ascension Technologies in a manner sufficient to develop and report (internally and externally) on sales, operational and financial metrics for the commercial business.
- Development of internal measures of performance that will enable comparison of performance against trends and external benchmarks
- Development and maintenance of a reliable cost accounting system/structure for Ascension Technologies products and services
- Establishment of Ascension Technologies Value Management function as the single source of technology measures and metrics reporting for Ascension
- Manage the Ascension Technologies procurement process to ensure minimum time to value on technology products and services across thesystem while ensuring enforcement of established standards in the procurement process
- Maximize the value obtained from all solutions used in Value Management, including Apptio, Tanium and ServiceNow
- Ensure all functional areas within Value Management are working together in the most effective and efficient manner
- Work with other areas of Business Management, particularly Vendor Management, Technology Asset Optimization, and Finance to ensure alignment in pursuit of highest quality of service from Business Management to its customers
- Creation of a consolidated customer satisfaction measurement function that truly incorporates customer perception of value of all Ascension Technologies services
- Creation of an environment within the Value Management function that fosters teamwork, effective communication, responsiveness and customer service and embraces change
- Perform special assignments or projects as directed and serves on committees and task forces, as assigned
- Promote and practice the Ascension Values; Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day
- Does activities such as grasping, lifting, and reaching
- Performs light physical work, frequently exerts up to 10lbs of force and up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis
- Travel as needed by air and ground
- Well lighted, well ventilated work areas
- Most time will be spent in an office environment
- Congenial, friendly atmosphere with emphasis on respect for each individual
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Ten years in a healthcare information technology leadership role preferred.
- The position requires extensive knowledge of healthcare operations and healthcare information technology. Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present complex information to varying levels of individuals throughout the organization are essential. Ability to influence and manage through change is critical.
- The incumbent must possess strong supervisory skills necessary to direct the Value Management team. Experience in the healthcare and/or IT industry is preferred. A 10% travel commitment may be required.
- The position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business or similar with a minimum of ten years of experience demonstrating increasing responsibilities and professional development. A Master’s degree in Business Administration is highly desirable.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Accounting technical knowledge
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Innovative and creative thinking
- Servant leadership
- Ability to influence
- Ability to embrace and drive change
- Effective relationship management
- Ability to manage upwards and downwards
- Ability to turn ideas into action
- Ability to manage conflict
- Ability to motivate teams
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Technologies participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.