Job ID: 289851
Associate Vice President, Community Health
St Louis, Missouri
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Associate Vice President, Community Health - Legacy PPM - FT, Days - 4600 Headquarters - St Louis, MO
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension’s Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to provide expertise and leadership in developing and implementing strategies that improve the health status of individuals in targeted local communities through sponsored activities, programs and strategic partnerships.
- As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to provide expertise and leadership in developing and implementing strategies that improve the health status of individuals in targeted local communities through sponsored activities, programs and strategic partnerships.
- Builds and maintains relationships with key community stakeholders to advance community center partnerships opportunities. Serves as the representative on community coalitions, task forces, boards, and other groups that share our mission and priorities relative to improving the health of the community and promoting the ministry's community presence and mission.
- Develops, oversees, monitors, and evaluates major community improvement programs and initiatives.
- Provides leadership for improving access for the uninsured, consistent with mission, principles, and call the action. Provides leadership for the development and approval of strategic plan and priorities for community programs and services.
- Prepares, presents, and maintains budget. Reports on progress and outcomes of community programs, initiative, and partnerships.
- Develops overall Ascension community partnership strategy, including integrated service offerings and population health, focused on developing clinically integrated systems of care. Assistance Ministry Market executives with the development of community outreach strategies in response to the care delivery gaps identified in the community needs assessment and aligned with community implementation strategies and/or community improvement plans.
- Helps identify potential collaboration partners (care providers, educational institutions, community agencies, payors, etc.) to address health disparities in the communities we serve. Collaborates with HR to focus on workforce education, cultural sensitivities, enhancing diversity, etc. Identifies potential future funding sources for community partnership initiatives. Identifies and manages the grant proposal process and measures effectiveness of initiatives funded by grant dollars.
- Monitors the progress of plans and measures outcomes of market community health strategies. Creates and leads an affinity group focused on the identification and sharing of best practices. Identifies and assesses opportunities for community benefit and advocacy. Partners with Care Excellence to focus on designing protocols aligned with health disparities and outcomes.
- In collaboration with Advocacy, builds relationships with local government officials, state legislators, and congressional representatives and seeks opportunities to partner with other organizations in influencing legislation. In alignment with Advocacy’s strategy, serves as the leading representative of Ascension Health on legislative and regulatory matters impacting community health.
What You Will Need
Education & Work Experience:
- Master’s level degree in Business, Finance, Healthcare Administration, Public Health, Public Policy or relevant field is required upon date of hire or job transfer date.
- Ten (10) years of progressive, senior level healthcare leadership with operations or strategic planning experience in a complex healthcare organization is required upon date of hire or job transfer date.
- Demonstrated experience in assessing the healthcare and social needs of a community, engaging community leaders and partners to address the identified disparities and successfully implementing a plan to address the identified needs.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking about how to interpret the evolving healthcare environment and advantageously position Ascension as a provider of population health in the communities we serve.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.