Job ID: 290379
Alexa Business Intern
St Louis, Missouri
Temporary / Day
We Are Hiring
Alexa Business Intern - Recruiting and Internship Program - PRN, Days - 4600 Headquarters - St Louis, MO
Why Join Ascension?
We provide Ascension and its subsidiaries low-cost, high-value IT infrastructure and software application services that:
• Support rapid and effective clinical decision making
• Improve efficiency and care transitions
• Foster information sharing across the continuum of care
• Make knowledge and data actionable, leading to improved patient outcomes
What You Will Do
The Information Technology Internship Program (T3 Program) with Ascension Technologies is designed to provide an on-the-job learning opportunity aimed at gaining "real world" IT work experience in a large IT Service environment, supporting IT end users who work in a healthcare setting. Ascension Technologies’ objective is to provide a working and learning environment where interns can develop the skills and competencies necessary to grow into successful IT Professionals and potential Ascension Technology Associates. The Intern will develop technical and customer service skills through various work assignments. In addition, the Intern may attend department meetings and hospital / healthcare site visits to gain an understanding of information technology and its impact in the healthcare environment.
Ascension Technologies (AT) has created custom functionality for Alexa devices by Ascension senior living residents and acute care patients. Alexa is a virtual assistant developed by Amazon. It is capable of voice interaction, music playback, making to-do lists, setting alarms and reminders, and providing weather, news and sports updates. With the possibility of delaying cognitive impairment, lessoning anxiety, combatting loneliness and assisting with medication management, Alexa technology has the potential to impact health outcomes and help residents remain independent longer. Empowering residents with this tool provides them with the added confidence as an older adult successfully aging. The AT Alexa product is a true example of one of Ascension’s core values, Reverence, and aligning with the commitment to the “respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life.” With this value proposition in mind, a business model of charging for the technology in the future will be carefully developed.
- Analyze success and usage of custom skills through data mining.
- Measure improvements and results related to memory care skill and other skills.
- Identify opportunities for skill development based on data usage/attempted usage.
- Identify trends.
- Identify user errors and opportunities for further training.
- Provide subsequent onsite training, working with Residents (patients) in small groups.
- Conduct Resident participant interviews and collect Net Promoter Scores from participants.
- Responsible for setup, installation and maintenance (onsite at senior living facility) of devices, as needed.
What You Will Need
- HS or Equivalent.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, or Finance, or MIS, or Computer Science, or related field is preferred, OR Candidates slated to graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in the next year.
- Experience in the healthcare industry is preferred, with knowledge of senior living a plus.
- Experience in reviewing and programming SQL queries, importing and exporting data from different databases like SQL.
- Experience in business analytics.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Car is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Technologies participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.