Job ID: 291614
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Pharmacy Technician (BU) - Pharmacy Services General 001 - PT Rotating, 40 Hours Bi-Weekly - Ascension St Mary’s Hospital - Saginaw, MI
This is a union position.
Variable shift, variable work assignment
Every other weekend
Every other holiday
Why Join Ascension?
Based in Saginaw, Ascension St Mary’s Hospital is a regional health system offering high quality care in cardiovascular, neurosciences, orthopedics, emergency and trauma, cancer, bariatrics, imaging diagnostics, and primary care. A part of Ascension since 1999, we offer 268 beds and over 20 specialty centers to provide access and care for people from over 70 counties.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension St Mary’s Hospital, you will have the opportunity to provide distributive pharmacy services and technical support for the pharmacist.
- Refills and maintains automated dispensing systems.
- Prepares orders and maintains inventory for the pharmacy department.
- Repackages bulk medications.
- Receives and stores incoming supplies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Pull medications for pharmacist check and delivery to floor.
- Performs order entry and order messaging in the electronic health record.
- Compounds sterile and non-sterile products for patient use. Compounds sterile products in the low- and medium-risk USP 797 categories. Handles and compounds sterile products which may include drugs in the hazardous medication listing.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified Pharmacy Tech credentialed from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Pharmacy Tech credentialed from the Michigan Board of Pharmacy obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- HS or Equivalent
- High School diploma or equivalent required and No experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity