Job ID: 291466
Medical Lab Technician - General Lab
We Are Hiring
Medical Lab Technician 3 - General Lab Anc 011 - Full-Time,Night - Ascension St John Hospital - 34028 - Detroit,MI
Rotation of weekends and holidays.
Midnight hours: 11:00PM-7:30AM
Why Join Ascension?
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an associate with St. John Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to perform routine laboratory tests in various sections of the laboratory under the supervision of a medical technologist/medical laboratory scientist.
- Performs common testing procedures and reports test results.
- Performs instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Performs quality control testing.
- Maintains supplies needed for performance of tests.
- Demonstrates laboratory technical skills to other laboratory personnel.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and technical advances in laboratory operations, including attendance at inter/intra laboratory meetings and in-services.
- Recognizes specimen, testing, instrumentation, results or other laboratory related problems. Takes necessary action or refers to appropriate supervision.
- Performs appropriate communications, clerical duties and computer functions necessary for laboratory operations.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certification as a Medical Laboratory Technician by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), Medical Technologist by the American Medical Technologists (AMT) or Clinical Laboratory Scientist by the National Credentialing Agency (NCA) required at time of hire/transfer date.
- Associate Degree
- Associate's degree from a regionally accredited college/university, including courses in biological science and chemistry required, and successful completion of a NAACLS accredited Medical Laboratory Technician program required
- One year of clinical laboratory experience as an ASCP certified technican preferred. Must meet education/experience requirements for certification as outlined by ASCP-BOC.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.