Job ID: 291489
Technician - Emergency Department (ED)
We Are Hiring
ER Technician - Emergency Department 001 - Part-Time,Night - Ascension Providence Park Novi - 34015 - Novi,MI
Why Join Ascension?
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an associate with St. John Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) or Physician provides direct care to patients in the Emergency Department.
- Performs urgent and emergent care procedures including EKGs, wound care, vital sign monitoring, IV initiation and codes.
- Monitors patient condition and performs data collection. Communicates findings and patient condition to primary Registered Nurse (RN).
- Maintains accurate documentation in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Assists with the mobilization, ambulation and transport of patients.
- Responsibilities and/or job duties may be included, excluded, or modified as appropriate for individual sites.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the organization’s core values through active involvement in the quality improvement process.
- Performs duties based on unit specialty: Point of Care Testing (POCT), splinting and application of orthopedic soft goods, assists in Triage as directed by RN, stocks supplies, phlebotomy procedures, completion of clothing list, and assists with monitoring and removal of foley catheters and NG tubes.
- Performs other responsibilities when necessary including but not limited to: answering telephones and patient call lights, performing CPR, interaction with patients and families, faxing patient information, responsible for primary post mortem care, and orienting patients to the room / environment.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Completion of EMT program with certification preferred.
- HS or Equivalent
- Completion of certified nursing assistant course and 6-12 months hospital experience preferred
- Candidates must have previous experience in direct patient care including, but not limited to one or more of the following areas: Completion of School of Practical Nursing; Nursing Student with completion of one semester of Med/Surg; Completion of Certified Nurse Assistant Program and 6 - 12 months of hospital experience preferred; Completion of EMT Program with Certification.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.