Job ID: 290791
National Communications Program Manager - Clinical Professional Development
St Louis, Missouri
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
National Program Manager - 4600 Headquarters - St Louis, MO
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension’s Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
The National Communications Program Manager manages national Clinical Professional Development programs to align performance, delivery, and operations to implement and evaluate multi-faceted competency-based programs that drive standardization and support achievement of the Quadruple Aim and clinical care priorities. Serves as strategic program consultant as it relates to clinical professional development to meet the needs of the organization.
- Communication, planning, writing, and project management are key components of this position.
- Plan and manage production of communication channels such as SharePoint, Jam, Yammer, and other emerging communication delivery methods to engage internal stakeholders.
- Maintains the general program oversight, configuration and reporting of programs including clinical delivery, clinical performance, clinical competency, and clinical programs.
- Leads projects involving the research, design, implementation and support of clinical education programs deployed by the Ascension Clinical Professional Development Team.
- Manages the relationship with system vendors, strategic partners, and university partners to prioritize, communicate, lead and support programs.
- Responsible for developing and implementing communications plans, outreach strategies, and managing associated projects that serve both the internal and external audiences of the Clinical Professional Development (CPD) department.
- Develop project timelines and budgets; define, track and report measurements of success.
- Assists in the development of internal branding and marketing materials.
- Responsible for ensuring that communications are consistent, accurate, and appropriate to support the CPD and the organization’s identity and further Ascensions Mission.
- Develops and authors published, printed, and electronic messaging required to support the goals and strategies of communication plans for marketing and/or communication initiatives.
- Assists in the development of messaging to foster team building to support clinical professional development activities across Ascension.
- Facilitates implementation of appropriate change management initiatives associated with organizational transition activities.
- Measures performance trends and develops new programs or implements changes to existing programs.
- Works directly with business partners, project teams, and other leaders to enable change, communications, clinical learning, and clinical workforce capability development.
- Develops actionable and targeted program plans to enable clinical competency and support the culture of the organization.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Organizational Development or Education, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or other equivalent curriculum that focuses on learning required.
- Candidates will be considered if currently enrolled and participating in a University Bachelor Degree Program in Nursing, Organizational Development, Education, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or other equivalent curriculum.
- Seven or more year’s progressive experience in program management, design and delivery of clinical professional learning in a healthcare setting, leading teams in all phases of the project life cycle, and producing creative solutions required.
- Master’s degree in Communications or Marketing preferred
- Program management experience in education, communication, and marketing preferred
- Experience with Microsoft software to include SharePoint, Yammer, and JAM Publishing preferred
- Ability to communicate and translate complex concepts and technical detail for generalized consumption by stakeholders
- Knowledge of the English language (including structure, content, spelling, rules of composition, and grammar)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.