Job ID: 278241
RN - Registered Nurse - Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Title: RN - Registered Nurse - Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
City, State: Nashville, TN
Location: St Thomas Midtown Hospital
Department: Intensive Care Unit 001 Neuro ICU, CVICU, MICU
Additional Job Details: Full-Time, Rotating, 36 hours, Weekly
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Thomas Health, part of Ascension, is a family of Middle Tennessee hospitals and physician practices united by a single mission: to provide spiritually centered, holistic care that sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. Saint Thomas Health is the leading faith-based healthcare system in Tennessee.
What You Will Do
What Saint Thomas Midtown has to offer:
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits: Saint Thomas Health provides a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
- Innovative Environment: We are a progressive, stable company with 120 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized care. At Saint Thomas Health, we are actively trying new solutions to help overcome some of healthcare’s toughest challenges.
What You Will Do:
As a Registered Nurse in the ICU at Saint Thomas Midtown, you will provide direct nursing care for patients with life-threatening medical conditions. This unit provides an exciting opportunity for RN’s who are flexible, energetic, compassionate, and looking for new challenges in a supportive environment.
Other duties include:
- Evaluate, revise, implement, and monitor patient care plans.
- Treat wounds and provide advanced life support.
- Observe and record patient vital signs.
- Ensure that ventilators, monitors and other types of medical equipment function properly.
- Inform and educate the patient of ongoing medical developments.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge plans with members of the healthcare team.
- Provide regular status updates to patients and their families to ensure they can make informed decisions regarding future treatment.
- Administer intravenous fluids and medications.
- Respond to life-saving situations, using nursing standards and protocols for treatment
- Provide quality care for some of the highest acuity patients in Tennessee
- You will do all of this while contributing to mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement: Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life. Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership. Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship. Creativity - Courageous Innovation. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
If you’re looking for a career where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
The qualifications you will need:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- None required.
- Minimum of (6) months of acute care, or hospital floor experience preferred.
Saint Thomas Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. We believe our people are our strength and we invest in them.
Known as “Music City”, Nashville is the place to be to hear live music and is home to some of America’s most exciting music attractions like the Grand Ole Opry and the Country Music Hall of Fame. Nashville is the capital of Tennessee and approximately 2 million people call the metro area home. The city is a great place to work, live and raise a family. It has an abundance of amazing places to eat and outdoor activities; all with a touch of southern charm. Nashvillians can be found enjoying the Cumberland river or out swimming in one of the many lakes surrounding the city, attending a Titans or Predators game, or eating the Nashville famous hot chicken. Nashville prides itself in its education system and is often called the “Athens of the South” because of the amazing universities in the city such as Vanderbilt or Belmont to name a few. Nashville has more accolades than you can count, but several recent most notable ones include:
- Nashville was named one of America's Best Cities for Beer and Brewery Tours, and one of the 10 Best Foodie Vacations in America by TripAdvisor. (June 2018)
- Nashville was included in The World's Best Cities 2018 by Best Cities. (March 2018)
- The following categories of South's Best 2018 by Southern Living included Nashville: The South’s Best Cities, The South’s Friendliest Cities, The South’s Best Food Cities. (March 2018)
- The Nashville Predators were named The Best Franchise in Sports by ESPN. (October 2017)
- The Best Big Cities in the U.S. list by Cond Nast Traveler included Nashville. (October 2017)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)