Job ID: 292805
Senior Financial Analyst
St Louis, Missouri
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Senior Financial Analyst - Budgeting Planning - Full-Time, Days - Woodlands Plaza IV - St Louis, MO
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension’s Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
The Senior Financial Analyst, provides financial analysis, forecasting and budgeting processes for the Solutions Division & System Office entities, including Ministry Wide Functions.
- Assists in the monthly analysis and business insight activities including financial statement analysis for the Solutions entities and System Office operations. Use of Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and Peoplesoft will be required.
- Prepares, analyzes and ensures the accuracy of the financial and statistical reports for presentation to management.
- Assists in planning and coordination of quarterly/monthly operational and financial reviews for entities with the Solutions Division and System Office including coordination with the Accounting COE and key business insight and operational contacts within these entities.
- Assists with the budget and planning activities for the System Office and the Ministry-wide functions, including support of detailed departmental budgets for leaders within the System Office.
- Reviews and analyzes, long-range plan, Integrated, Strategic, Operations and Financial Plan (ISOFP) submissions in Kaufman Hall for System Office, Solutions and Ministry Wide Functions.
- Assist with the development of guidance on direct allocations from the Solutions Division entities, the target setting process and the management fee. Responsibilities also include assisting with coordination of assumptions to inform the out years of the cycle and inform the forecasted Ascension balance sheet.
- Assists management in planning and coordination of the long range financial plan, i.e., Integrated Strategic, Operations and Financial Plan (ISOFP) Process, including development of guidance on direct allocations from the Solutions Division entities, the target setting process and the management fee. Responsibilities also include coordination of assumptions to inform the out years of the cycle and inform the forecasted Ascension balance sheet.
- Assists and/or prepares necessary reports and presentations for Leadership related to the ISOFP or rolling forecast within the Solutions Division and System Office.
- Assists in review of budget spreads and rolling forecast for entities within the Solutions Division and System Office.
- Provides support on technology tools used to support the development of the rolling forecast, long-range financial plan (ISOFP) and budget within the Axiom/Kaufman Hall applications for end users.
- Works collaboratively with other teams within the Financial Planning & Analytics department, other Finance COEs and cross-functional teams.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's or Masters Degree in Accounting or Finance strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of technical experience is strongly preferred
- Previous work experience with financial analysis or budgeting in the public accounting industry preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.