Job ID: 293344
Medical Technologist - Micro Lab
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Join our family of dedicated, highly valued Medical Technologists at our Micro Lab at Ascension Borgess Hospital in Kalamazoo, MI!
Full Time Rotating / 40hrs weekly / Competitive Compensation / Excellent Benefits
Additional Job Details: Monday thru Friday, 7:00 am to 3:30 pm. Rotating Holidays and weekend Days.
As a Med Tech, you are an integral part of solving mysteries, and illnesses within our Healthcare system. Our lab services help delivers the information needed for our patients most important health decisions! If you have a love of science, math, and being a problem solver, we want you!
It is fun to work on a team where people truly have a passion for what they are doing! Join our growing team of lab professionals at one of the region’s largest health systems and play a critical role in offering compassionate care to our community.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Borgess Hospital provides care for nearly 1 million people annually in cardiac, neurologic, orthopedic, vascular and bariatric services, among others. We are one of the region’s largest health systems and employers and have been serving as part of Ascension since 1999.
- As our team continues to adapt and grow, you will get to work alongside some of the finest and most dedicated professionals you’ll ever come across in laboratory services.
- Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need.
- A Place of Reverence: Working at Ascension is more than a job – it’s a ministry. Our ministry offers a place where we have deep respect and compassion for the dignity of all, and it starts with our associates.
We are called to:
- Service of the Poor - Generosity of spirit, especially for persons most in need
- Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life
- Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership
- Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship
- Creativity - Courageous innovation
- Dedication - Affirming the hope and joy of our ministry
What You Will Do
As a Medical Technologist, you will perform routine diagnostic/analytic testing of laboratory specimens, and interpret, document and report test results in compliance with department procedures and applicable regulations.
- Performs diagnostic/analytic testing of specimens. Interprets, documents and reports test results.
- Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods.
- Serves as a resource to staff as needed.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Certified Medical Tech credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Bachelor's Degree, including successful completion of a supervised clinical internship required at start date and knowledge of chemistry, biology, mathematics, and laboratory tests required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.