Job ID: 293648
St Louis, Missouri
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Project Manager - Administration - Full-Time, Days - 4600 Headquarters - St Louis, MO
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension’s Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As a Project Manager with Ascension System Office, you will have the opportunity to perform analysis, research, development, planning, implementation, and oversight of project initiatives and other activities.
- Works collaboratively across the organization to identify, develop and implement key initiatives and programs while supporting the organization.
- Manages and coordinates associated system databases. Develops specific tools and programs that support the success of projects.
- Collaborates and consults with team members and associates to assess organizational needs.
- Collaborates with team members to plan and implement system workshops/events that support learning and performance optimization.
- Manages department contracts by filing, tracking, and managing binding agreements (contracts) made with vendors, partners, subcontractors, other departments, etc. Responsible for determining and prompting contract renewal as needed, assuring contracts are in compliance, and obtaining Legal sign-off when appropriate. Investigates grant options as directed and assists with preparation of grant proposals, including preparation of demonstration budgets and obtaining collaborative agreements with ministry or community resources. Provides electronic and/or paper project record keeping and reporting systems, performance measurements, and database management, for all projects within Clinical Excellence. Assists in the development and updating of project tracking reports; in the agenda setting and general meeting needs.
- Provides analytical and operational expertise and support to the team, as well as, the Health Ministries (HM). Demonstrates a history of accountability and delivery of complex process workflows, analysis, requirements, and documentation.
- Gathers performance data to set targets and trajectories with a focus on outcomes improvements.
- Documents findings and improvements on a project by project basis reflecting revised or new operational and systematic processes.
- Maintains detailed project plan to measure progress. Works closely with various teams including business, development, and project management to maintain an up to date action item list by project.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need
- HS or Equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in project management and budgetary tracking efforts required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in healthcare environments preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.