Job ID: 293571
St Louis, Missouri
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Insurance Technician - Risk Management System Office - FT, Days - St Louis, MO
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension’s Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Insurance Technician with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to organize and coordinate risk management activities and workflow.
- Provides assistance with claims investigation, management and litigation. Facilitates reporting of safety data/events.
- Evaluates risk management program(s) through the use of data capture, follow up and trend analysis and presents findings to appropriate committees.
- Assists with the development and implementation of initiatives, policies and procedures, including staff education activities, regarding risk reduction/elimination throughout the organization.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team on problem identification and resolution, cost containment issues, implementation of new services and systems/ performance measures.
What You Will Need
Education & Work Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required and 5-7 years of work experience is required.
- Some insurance industry or other related experience is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.