Job ID: 295190
CRT Certified Respiratory Therapist - St. John Owasso
We Are Hiring
Therapist-Respiratory-Cert - Pulmonary Diagnostics - Full-Time, Night - Owasso Medical Facility - Owasso, OK
Shift: Monday - Friday 6:30pm - 7:00am, Rotating every other weekend.
Why Join Ascension?
St. John Owasso
- St. John Owasso, a member of St. John Health System, has a 24-hour emergency department, state-of-the-art surgical suites, and all-digital diagnostic imaging, featuring CT, MRI, mammography and bone density scanners. The hospital’s Center for Women’s Health is equipped with spacious, modern birthing suites, post-partum and women’s services suites and a newborn nursery.
Why Work for St. John
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talent and thought; while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
If you are looking for a place to work that will take your career to new heights, St. John Health System is for you. Our people are what makes the difference. Our associates commit themselves daily to our mission of providing spiritually center – holistic care to all, especially those that are poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St John Health System, you will have the opportunity to provide evaluation of and care for patients with respiratory insufficiencies.
- Assess patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develop a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Implement and monitor patient care plan and equipment. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition. Perform advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluate respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcomes.
- Educate the patient and family about the health condition and provide information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Assist with care, calibration and maintenance of all equipment. Participate in maintaining departmental inventory levels for supplies and equipment. Process equipment per established cleaning/sterilization procedures.
- Respond to emergency resuscitation team calls.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Respiratory Care Practitioner credentialed from the Oklahoma Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision . Respiratory Care Practitioner provisional letter will be accepted until license is issued.
- Certified Respiratory Therapist .
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support.
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- Experience with high-risk deliveries preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. John Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.