Job ID: 296256
We Are Hiring
Operator-Switchboard - Telecommunications - Part-Time, Evening - St. John Medical Center - Tulsa, OK
Shift: 2:00pm - 10:00pm, Varying Days
Why Join Ascension?
St John Health System, a part of Ascension, is an award-winning hospital that has grown from 50 beds when the hospital opened in 1926, to currently 600 beds with more than 800 physicians and 1,700 nurses across the system.
Several of St. John’s most recent and prestigious awards include:
- St. John Medical Center is Tulsa’s only Magnet designated facility. This is nationally recognized as the gold standard in nursing excellence.
- St. John Medical Center was named by Oklahoma Magazine as one of the state’s “Best of the Best” hospital facilities.
- In 2017-2018, St. John Medical Center was named the No.1 Hospital in Oklahoma by the U.S. News and World Report, receiving high performing rank in the following: abdominal aortic aneurysm repair, colon cancer surgery, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Why Work for St. John
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talent and thought; while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
If you are looking for a place to work that will take your career to new heights, St. John Health System is for you. Our people are what makes the difference. Our associates commit themselves daily to our mission of providing spiritually center – holistic care to all, especially those that are poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St John Health System, you will have the opportunity to operate the organization's telecommunication system to answer and route incoming calls and to communicate codes, alerts, drills and other announcements.
- Receive and relay internal and external calls and provides general information according to protocol.
- Maintain desk directories, on-call list, reference guides and other associated reference materials.
- Operate beeper and paging system to contact personnel and code team.
- Communicate codes, alerts, drills and other announcements according to established policies and protocols, including disaster management plans.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma or GED required
- None required.
- 1 year Customer Service experience preferred.
- Call Center experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. John Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.