Job ID: 296581
RN Registered Nurse - Labor & Delivery
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
RN Registered Nurse - Labor & Delivery - PRN, Rotating - Via Christi Hospital Pittsburg KS
Why Join Ascension?
Via Christi Health, a part of Ascension, is the largest healthcare provider in the state of Kansas. The ministry operates a network of hospitals, home care services, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, and other health services. We provide care in 22 cities; and employ approximately 6,300 employees. Via Christi Hospital Pittsburg was named one of the Top 100 Rural & Community Hospitals in the US by iVantage Health Analytics and The Chartis Center for Rural Health for the last 2 years in a row.
What Via Christi Health offers:
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits: Via Christi Health offers a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need.
What You Will Do
Labor and delivery and other women's services are offered at the Dr. M.K. Parsi Women's Center in Pittsburg, KS. The center, which opened in 2012, has five labor rooms featuring state-of-the-art labor and delivery facilities with a hotel-like atmosphere and comforts, including room service, flat-screen televisions and larger bathrooms.
Via Christi Women's Health offers advanced medical services and technologies in a warm, family-focused environment. We strive every day to provide highly trained hands and a strong heart to each person we serve. Our mission is to create a personalized birthing experience that meets the individual needs of each mother and family. Our family-centered model of care fosters an environment where the family is a vital part of the decision-making. Our goal is to have a happy and healthy mother, baby and family. The center has fetal heart monitors, infant monitors and a security system. There also is an operating room equipped for cesarean section births close by.
The friendly staff in our Level II nursery are there to care for newborns from the moment they enter the world. After delivery, patients are moved into one of our 13 spacious, all-private postpartum suites. In addition to the hotel-like amenities, each room features a queen-sized bed to enable fathers as well as mothers to bond with their new child.
As an RN in Women's Services, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implement and monitor patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
You will do all of this while contributing to mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement: Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life. Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership. Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship. Creativity - Courageous Innovation. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
If you’re looking for a career where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Kansas Board of Nursing.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.