Job ID: 296376
St Louis, Missouri
Temporary / Day
We Are Hiring
Business Intern- Legacy PPM - FT, Days - 4600 Headquarters - St Louis, MO
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension’s Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As a Business Intern with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to perform a variety of department-specific responsibilities and tasks in a training capacity and on a temporary basis.
- Performs work assignments linked to department/project goals.
- Organizes and prioritizes work assignments on a daily basis, raising questions and issues in a timely manner.
- Performs functions efficiently within scope of authority as defined by the supervisor.
- Participates and collaborates with others on office projects as requested.
- Coordinating efforts for design and planning activities including help with strategy development; project plans with key issues, barriers, approaches, performance metrics and evaluation; agenda creation, meeting facilitation, issues tracking, status reporting, documentation management and event planning.
- Ensuring implementation by time line by developing and overseeing project management tracking tools to track action items, issues, risks and decisions, status reports and time lines.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience or Associate's degree required.
- Enrolled in Bachelor's degree program.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.