Job ID: 296629
Clinical Care Team Manager
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Clinical Care Team Manager - Care Management - Full-Time, Days - 523 Mainstream Dr. - Nashville, TN
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Care Management (ACM) creates customized healthcare solutions for health systems, payers, and employers that stabilize costs, improve outcomes, and enhance the experience for both providers and individuals. Our range of services strive to create a seamless healthcare experience for providers, payers and healthcare leaders by improving access to and removing complexity from the delivery of healthcare.
ACM serves 1.3 million patients across the nation and manages more than 20,000 providers through our clinically integrated networks of providers. ACM helps our customers eliminate stress and uncertainty, allowing them to confidently provide quality, value-based services and solutions. Beyond traditional population health management solutions, ACM offers additional expertise in claims management, care coordination, risk management and safety strategies that allow healthcare leaders to avoid challenges and capitalize on healthcare opportunities.
What You Will Do
As a Clinical Care Team Manager with Ascension System Office, you will have the opportunity to coordinate various activities supporting case management process.
- Negotiates with payors concerning continued access to care, authorization, level of care and/or other arrangements to facilitate the patient's timely transition through the care continuum. Notifies attending physician, treatment team, and others as needed.
- Completes admission, continued stay and discharge authorization according to hospital policy and third party payer guidelines.
- Coordinates management of patient through various community resource options. Integrates information obtained from the patient's chart and from communications with various sources when discussing the level and intensity of care needed.
- Maintains documentation of patient's behavior, responses and preferences related to the discharge management process.
- Utilizes quality and population data to design processes and programs that support Mission Point and the members it serves.
- Leads Health Partner Team to provide oversight and translate strategic objectives to provide operational direction to the team.
- Identifies members and episodes (such as care transitions) that would most benefit from care coordination based on program objectives and member's risk. Helps members develop and define health goals and communicates them to partners of the member's healthcare team, often acting as patient advocate.
- Participates in the development of and utilization of applicable care paths for targeted scenarios. Provides a point of contact for the physician, allied health professional, member and family regarding the member's care as it moves across the continuum.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Drivers License obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Licensed Registered Nurse. APN, RN, BSN, or MSW or similar license strongly preferred
- Social Worker. LPC, LSW, LCSW or similar license highly preferred for social work manager
- Associate’s level degree required in Healthcare or Wellness related field (Bachelor’s/BSN preferred) OR a minimum of 10 years in nursing or wellness experience required OR a Master’s degree in Social Work or Counseling required.
- Minimum of three years’ professional experience in healthcare or wellness plus a minimum of two years’ experience in care coordination, case management, or related field required.
- Minimum of three years’ proven success in people management strongly preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.