Job ID: 298539
Contract Data Governance Specialist
St Louis, Missouri
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Contract Data Governance Specialist - Full-Time, Days - St Louis, MO or Indianapolis, IN
Why Join Ascension?
The Resource Group, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ascension, is a business transformation services organization that specializes in non-payroll spend management. Through the Integrated Change Management Model, The Resource Group delivers value through change management, operations and logistics, sourcing and contracting, analytics, and continuous process improvement.
This model challenges the status quo by:
- Developing an innovative new approach to contracting, where practicing caregivers from our Participants guide all decision-making, and products and services are contracted for based on attributes rather than brand preference
- Standardizing and optimizing operations and logistics by closing warehouses, improving inventory management, and improving operational key performance indicators
- Elevating resource and supply management from the basement to the boardroom by recruiting top talent from a multitude of industries beyond healthcare
From FY14 to FY18, The Resource Group has achieved an incremental annual saving of approximately $102M through Therapeutic Affinity Group initiatives. While these efforts will continue to be supported, we must also begin to identify additional clinical opportunities to support the Ascension Clinical Variation efforts that requires the delivery of $400M in savings.
This success enabled The Resource Group to expand outside of Ascension to serve all healthcare systems looking to decrease non-payroll expenses and increase operational efficiencies. Today, The Resource Group serves 2,500 locations including 160 acute care hospitals across 24 states and Washington D.C.
What You Will Do
The Contract Data Governance Specialist will work to ensure Company and Contract data loaded into Novatus conforms to business rules and meets the needs for efficient and effective operations. They will work to ensure standards are documented and adhered to by conducting regular audits.
The Governance Analyst will work with Stakeholders to gather business needs. They will work with all Stakeholders to gather input and to prioritize proposed changes and he/she will work with Ascension Technologies to maintain the tool. The position will support Ascension Contracting Stakeholders in both a consultative as well as a hands-on approach. They will be responsible for creation and maintenance of business rules to create a standardized data.
- Serves as a key contact for Novatus Stakeholders.
- Promotes a culture of data quality, integrity, and compliance to data quality standards through standard process development and proactive collaboration with the local Health Ministry Contract Teams, System Office Legal, Ascension Technologies and The Resource Group teams as related to contracting information stored in Novatus.
- Collaborates with System Office Legal to set and enforce business rules related to data quality and processes related to Novatus.
- Provides education and training to Stakeholders related to data expectations, tool usage and common issues. This will include documents and tools that the contracting teams can refer to after the training sessions to improve team awareness of data needs.
- Provide support and guidance to the Contract Management Specialist teams in the Health Ministries.
- Develops and prepares routine reporting and metrics related to contract data quality
- Audits Novatus data and follows up with Contract Specialists as needed for corrections and remediation.
- Collaborates with Stakeholders to identify enhancement opportunities and helps to prioritize that at Novatus Governance meetings.
- Communicates and recommends quality and efficiency opportunities related to Novatus data.
- Provides consulting services in the area of contract data quality management to individuals, special projects, and executive/functional departments throughout the organization.
- Participates in contract data decisions by partnering with external collaborators and internal data owners.
- Identifies and participates in the resolution of data quality issues, such as uniqueness, integrity, accuracy, consistency, and completeness in a cost-effective and timely fashion. Ensures that data management methodologies include the steps, activities, and deliverables required to consistently achieve high data quality.
- Maintains availability and visibility to all associates regarding data compliance issues, recommending and implementing good data stewardship practices.
- Identify and escalate contract data concerns to Director of Data Operations.
- Participate in Novatus Governance Council meetings
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's Level Degree required.
- 5 years experience required.
- 7-10 years’ experience in data quality related to Healthcare Contracts or data preferred.
- Expertise in ERP systems, preferably PeopleSoft, and/or data management in addition to experience in data quality, data stewardship, or data management preferred.
- Healthcare experience, contracting experience, supply chain management, and/or other similar operational and project management experience where analytical and critical thinking skills are considered to be transferable is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience communicating with C-suite level personnel preferred
- Analytical and leadership skills with the ability to produce results with minimal supervision.
- Critical thinking and written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
- Time management and the ability to work on multiple projects at one time are vital.
- Proficient to expert use of spreadsheet, database, presentation and word processing applications are required.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and flex as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.