Job ID: 298878
St Louis, Missouri
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Analyst I - Office Operations - Full-Time, Days - Remote position
Why Join Ascension?
The Resource Group, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ascension, is a business transformation services organization that specializes in non-payroll spend management. Through the Integrated Change Management Model, The Resource Group delivers value through change management, operations and logistics, sourcing and contracting, analytics, and continuous process improvement.
This model challenges the status quo by:
- Developing an innovative new approach to contracting, where practicing caregivers from our Participants guide all decision-making, and products and services are contracted for based on attributes rather than brand preference
- Standardizing and optimizing operations and logistics by closing warehouses, improving inventory management, and improving operational key performance indicators
- Elevating resource and supply management from the basement to the boardroom by recruiting top talent from a multitude of industries beyond healthcare
From FY14 to FY18, The Resource Group has achieved an incremental annual saving of approximately $102M through Therapeutic Affinity Group initiatives. While these efforts will continue to be supported, we must also begin to identify additional clinical opportunities to support the Ascension Clinical Variation efforts that requires the delivery of $400M in savings.
This success enabled The Resource Group to expand outside of Ascension to serve all healthcare systems looking to decrease non-payroll expenses and increase operational efficiencies. Today, The Resource Group serves 2,500 locations including 160 acute care hospitals across 24 states and Washington D.C.
What You Will Do
Our Analysts work in a fast-paced, rotational environment that exposes them to a variety of projects, clients, and business issues. Analysts focus on supporting sustainable financial performance improvement for our healthcare clients or “Participants” through financial analytics, process mapping, deliverable development, and change management to implement initiatives and behaviors that deliver results. Due to the variation in projects and Participants, Analysts must be adept at project management, analytics, operations, supply chain, finance, and communications.
- Develops analytical tools and performance metrics to use in value analysis.
- Manages data from multiple sources.
- Interprets data related to financial trends and economic/business forecasts.
- Gathers data and produces accurate and timely value analysis reports.
- Utilize data collection tools and analytical methodology to use for analysis purposes. Interpret data concerning financial trends and economic/business forecasts as they relate to the performance metrics and provide recommendations to Chief Resource Officer. Lead the development of project management plans and assist in managing and reporting on progress. Support implementation efforts of various Supply Chain and Decision Team initiatives with regard to analysis, project planning, communication, and tactical assistance.
- Develops support tools using advanced Excel and/or Access skills for implementation support and tracking and reporting of performance metrics for facility supply expense improvement initiatives.
- Interprets data concerning financial trends and economic and business forecasts as they relate to the performance metrics and provide recommendations to the Chief Resource Officer.
- Assists with research initiatives for solution design, develop project plans, and manage process to timely completion of goals.
- Supports implementation efforts of various Supply Chain and Decision Team initiatives with regard to analysis, project planning, communication and tactical assistance.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree is required in engineering, business related, logistics, or finance focus is preferred, OR Candidates slated to graduate with a Bachelor's degree in the next year will be considered provided degree is achieved prior to start date.
- Healthcare experience, supply chain management and/or other similar data analyst experience where analytical and critical thinking skills are considered to be transferable is preferred.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills; able to solve complex problems and communicate findings and recommendations in a simplified manner
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively with a team
- Strong time management skills with the ability to simultaneously accomplish multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Team player who can work effectively in a matrix structure to accomplish The Resource Group’s goals
- Excellent executive presence, listening and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient to expert use of spreadsheet, database, presentation and word processing applications preferred. Candidates are also required to pass an Excel assessment and a business case study given during the interview process.
- Ability to travel Monday through Thursday. Main travel is to East Coast area.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.