Job ID: 298880
St Louis, Missouri
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Analyst I - Office Operations - Full-Time, Days - Westport Center Drive - St Louis, MO
Why Join Ascension?
The Resource Group, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ascension, is a business transformation services organization that specializes in non-payroll spend management. Through the Integrated Change Management Model, The Resource Group delivers value through change management, operations and logistics, sourcing and contracting, analytics, and continuous process improvement.
This model challenges the status quo by:
- Developing an innovative new approach to contracting, where practicing caregivers from our Participants guide all decision-making, and products and services are contracted for based on attributes rather than brand preference
- Standardizing and optimizing operations and logistics by closing warehouses, improving inventory management, and improving operational key performance indicators
- Elevating resource and supply management from the basement to the boardroom by recruiting top talent from a multitude of industries beyond healthcare
From FY14 to FY18, The Resource Group has achieved an incremental annual saving of approximately $102M through Therapeutic Affinity Group initiatives. While these efforts will continue to be supported, we must also begin to identify additional clinical opportunities to support the Ascension Clinical Variation efforts that requires the delivery of $400M in savings.
This success enabled The Resource Group to expand outside of Ascension to serve all healthcare systems looking to decrease non-payroll expenses and increase operational efficiencies. Today, The Resource Group serves 2,500 locations including 160 acute care hospitals across 24 states and Washington D.C.
What You Will Do
As an Analyst I with The Resource Group, you will have the opportunity to support management by providing financial analysis, reporting, and data/statistical measurements.
- Develops analytical tools and performance metrics to use in value analysis.
- Manages data from multiple sources.
- Interprets data related to financial trends and economic/business forecasts.
- Gathers data and produces accurate and timely value analysis reports.
- Utilize data collection tools and analytical methodology to use for analysis purposes. Interpret data concerning financial trends and economic/business forecasts as they relate to the performance metrics and provide recommendations to Chief Resource Officer. Lead the development of project management plans and assist in managing and reporting on progress. Support implementation efforts of various Supply Chain and Decision Team initiatives with regard to analysis, project planning, communication, and tactical assistance.
- Develops support tools using advanced Excel and/or Access skills for implementation support and tracking and reporting of performance metrics for facility supply expense improvement initiatives.
- Interprets data concerning financial trends and economic and business forecasts as they relate to the performance metrics and provide recommendations to the Chief Resource Officer.
- Assists with research initiatives for solution design, develop project plans, and manage process to timely completion of goals.
- Supports implementation efforts of various Supply Chain and Decision Team initiatives with regard to analysis, project planning, communication and tactical assistance.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree is required in engineering, business related, logistics, or finance focus is preferred.
- Candidates slated to graduate with a bachelors degree in the next year will be considered provided degree is achieved prior to start date.
- Experience demonstrating increasing responsibilities.
- Healthcare experience, supply chain management and/or other similar data analyst experience where analytical and critical thinking skills are considered to be transferable is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.