Job ID: 299393
Senior API Developer
St Louis, Missouri
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Senior API Developer - FT, Days - 4600 Headquarters - St Louis, MO
Why Join Ascension?
We provide Ascension and its subsidiaries low-cost, high-value IT infrastructure and software application services that:
• Support rapid and effective clinical decision making
• Improve efficiency and care transitions
• Foster information sharing across the continuum of care
• Make knowledge and data actionable, leading to improved patient outcomes
What You Will Do
As a Senior API Developer with Ascension Technologies, you will have the opportunity to convert business requirements into application/data/infrastructure architechiture and detailed design.
- Provides end to end architecture for a project to ensure the detailed design and development remains consistent with the overall enterprise architecture.
- Identifies issues between the architecture and vendor solution implementation.
- Identifies solutions and formulate implementation and migration strategies.
- Provides expertise in technical knowledge, methodology and framework, data integration and data flows, Enterprise Architecture, and software development and coding.
- Provide technical leadership and architectural guidance related to API development.
- Develop integration between multiple enterprise systems, electronic medical record systems and third party API services.
- Design and pitch solutions to Senior management.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's Level Degree in Computer Science or Information systems or related field, or equivalent IT experience
- Ten years of progressive IT development, engineering and/or architectural experience in a healthcare setting
- Experience designing, implementing and integrating APIs preferred.
- Experience building microservices and CICD preferred.
- Full stack application development experience preferred.
- At least 7-8 years of development experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Java preferred.
- Experience building mobile or ReactJS or Angular applications preferred.
- Linux, Git, Maven or Gradle experience preferred.
- Experience using AWS or Azure or Google cloud preferred.
- Knowledge of OIDC/OAUTH and SAML preferred.
- Working in an Agile development process preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Technologies participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.