Job ID: 299394
Manager of Contract Design
St Louis, Missouri
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Manager of Contract Design - Office Operations - Full-Time, Days - Westport Center Drive - St Louis, MO
Why Join Ascension?
The Resource Group, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ascension, is a business transformation services organization that specializes in non-payroll spend management. Through the Integrated Change Management Model, The Resource Group delivers value through change management, operations and logistics, sourcing and contracting, analytics, and continuous process improvement.
This model challenges the status quo by:
- Developing an innovative new approach to contracting, where practicing caregivers from our Participants guide all decision-making, and products and services are contracted for based on attributes rather than brand preference
- Standardizing and optimizing operations and logistics by closing warehouses, improving inventory management, and improving operational key performance indicators
- Elevating resource and supply management from the basement to the boardroom by recruiting top talent from a multitude of industries beyond healthcare
From FY14 to FY18, The Resource Group has achieved an incremental annual saving of approximately $102M through Therapeutic Affinity Group initiatives. While these efforts will continue to be supported, we must also begin to identify additional clinical opportunities to support the Ascension Clinical Variation efforts that requires the delivery of $400M in savings.
This success enabled The Resource Group to expand outside of Ascension to serve all healthcare systems looking to decrease non-payroll expenses and increase operational efficiencies. Today, The Resource Group serves 2,500 locations including 160 acute care hospitals across 24 states and Washington D.C.
What You Will Do
As a Manager of Contract Design with The Resource Group, you will have the opportunity to manage activities associated with the planning, development and monitoring of contract performance.
- Manages and monitors national contract compliance and performance throughout the organization.
- Solicits and coordinates input from committees, advisory councils and other hospital professionals to develop capital contracts.
- Oversees the preparation, evaluation and communication of contract information, written reviews and research related to contracted products and services.
- Collaborates with other departments on contract strategy and the evaluation and implementation of contracted products and services.
- Supports the specified director(s) and The Resource Group leaders in aligning contract opportunities with Ascension Health initiatives and groups. This may include coordination and assessment of data, monitoring of vendor/market data, and determination of product implications within Ascension Health clinical or operational initiatives.
- Provides or collects and coordinates clinical guidance with product categories and helps identify relevant clinical groups for input within Decision Teams.
- Coordinates communications, agendas, and followup with Decision Teams as directed. Engages Clinical Excellence, Risk Management, and Decision Team support as needed to determine clinically acceptable product options.
- Measures and monitors cost-reduction opportunities through contract development and modifications in utilization; supports associated work plans.
- Manages assigned contract design processes, compiling and interpreting progress measures and results for leaders, Sourcing, and Implementation.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's Level Degree.
- A clinical degree and experience are preferred MS, MBA, or other relevant advanced degree are also preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in a collaborative supply chain decision processes related to product selection, implementation, or analysis.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.