Job ID: 300689
Contract Design Agent
St Louis, Missouri
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Contract Design Agent - Office Operations - Full-Time, Days - Westport Center Drive - St Louis, MO
Why Join Ascension?
The Resource Group, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ascension, is a business transformation services organization that specializes in non-payroll spend management. Through the Integrated Change Management Model, The Resource Group delivers value through change management, operations and logistics, sourcing and contracting, analytics, and continuous process improvement.
This model challenges the status quo by:
- Developing an innovative new approach to contracting, where practicing caregivers from our Participants guide all decision-making, and products and services are contracted for based on attributes rather than brand preference
- Standardizing and optimizing operations and logistics by closing warehouses, improving inventory management, and improving operational key performance indicators
- Elevating resource and supply management from the basement to the boardroom by recruiting top talent from a multitude of industries beyond healthcare
From FY14 to FY18, The Resource Group has achieved an incremental annual saving of approximately $102M through Therapeutic Affinity Group initiatives. While these efforts will continue to be supported, we must also begin to identify additional clinical opportunities to support the Ascension Clinical Variation efforts that requires the delivery of $400M in savings.
This success enabled The Resource Group to expand outside of Ascension to serve all healthcare systems looking to decrease non-payroll expenses and increase operational efficiencies. Today, The Resource Group serves 2,500 locations including 160 acute care hospitals across 24 states and Washington D.C.
What You Will Do
As a Contract Design Agent with The Resource Group, you will have the opportunity to perform contract administration. Coordinates and maintains information used to maximize use, compliance and economic advantages related to contracting.
- Maintains contract management system and contract data.
- Prepares, edits and reviews contract documents in the contract management system.
- Assists groups with conducting audits.
- Conducts contract management system training.
- Conduct contract management system training. Support Ascension Health contracting team and hospital end users in the use of the Ascension Health contract management system. Cross-train on job duties of Member Services Specialist, so as to provide coverage during their absence
- Supports local, and assigned national, sourcing activities and support supply chain processes for supplies, services and equipment consistent with end user requirements for quality, quantity and function, assuring maximum leverage of The Resource Group's collective purchasing power and exercising sound business judgment.
- Identifies and develops key initiatives into strategies and strategies into results, including monitoring success of implementation.
- Trains and educates end-users, as applicable, on the User-Directed Strategic Sourcing process.
- Reports the value creation and contracting results that is generated from the process and the report value that has on the organization and the respective Participant or Ascension business units, as applicable.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need
- Two year college or equivalent training in business setting or trade school.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Two to four years of experience using Window, Access Excel, Word and an electronic mail system.
- Knowledge of PowerPoint, WinZip, FTP and Electronic Data Management helpful.
- Must be able to set up and maintain databases in Access.
- Familiarity with vendor contract, ordering procedures, business practices, business language and vendor catalogs.
- Prior experience in hospital purchasing environment helpful with strong written and oral communication skills and ability to synthesize information across multiple data sources.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.