Job ID: 301356
Cardio-Thoracic Surgery in Birmingham: Glassdoors Top 25 City for Jobs in 2017 & 2018
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
St. Vincent’s Health System is seeking a Board-Certified Cardio-Thoracic Surgeon with a passion for relationship building and program expansion to join well established group of 6 CT Surgeons.
Education, Training and Experience Required
- Board certified in Cardio-Thoracic Surgery
- Experienced team player with 3 – 5 years of experience, vascular experience helpful
- Provide a full spectrum of vascular, thoracic, cardiac surgery, and advanced heart failure surgery.
- Licensed in the State of Alabama or willingness to obtain license
Why Join Ascension?
Benefits of Working for St. Vincent’s Health System
- Supportive & collegial Cardio-Thoracic Surgeons
- Decades of experience in group
- Ancillary staff helpful and congenial
- Replace retiring physician with existing referral base
- No need to market, business exists
- Competitive salary
- Relocation expenses
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Full benefits package
- Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Deferred Compensation Plan, tax free investment account
- CME allowance, Licensure, Dues, Subscriptions
- Big city metro amenities at their finest
- Outdoor recreation & excellent culture
- Live music, performing arts & fine dining options
- Beautiful state parks & water recreation
- Wonderful school systems and major universities
What You Will Do
St. Vincent’s Employed Cardio-Thoracic Surgeon
- Service Line Offerings: TEVAR, EVAR, TAVR, Mini-valves, ECMO (coming soon)
- Call 1:6
- Suites/Labs at St. Vincent’s East: 3 Cath Labs , 1 EP Lab, I Hybrid Suite in Cath Lab for Structural, Vascular and Multidisciplinary Cases (coming soon)
- Clinics at Birmingham Heart Clinic: Amputation Prevention, Aneurysm Care, AFib, Cardiac Device, Lipid Care, Pulmonary Hypertension and Vascular Medicine
- Clinic at St. Vincent’s East: Structural Heart & Valve
- Advanced Imaging Services: 128-slice CT for CTA TAVR, calcium scoring and all CTA procedures, 3D Echo, Nuclear
What You Will Do
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.