Job ID: 301804
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Pharmacy Technician - Pharmacy Services OP 001 - Full-Time, Day - WIAPP Appleton, WI
Why Join Ascension?
In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care – including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities – in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.ascension.org/wisconsin. We’re looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ministry Health Care, you will have the opportunity to
Provides distributive pharmacy services and technical support for the pharmacist at the remote dispensing site.
Work Schedule:8:30am - 5pm, Monday - Friday, some Saturdays 8am to 12pm.
- Refills and maintains automated dispensing systems.
- Prepares orders and maintains inventory for the pharmacy department.
- Repackages bulk medications.
- Receives and stores incoming supplies.
- Refills and maintains, medication carts, drug trays, kits, and other modes of medication delivery.
- Assists in processing charges for medications.
- Maintains working knowledge and demonstrates understanding of technologies used in the pharmacy.
- Participates in the training and/or orientation of new associates.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Pharmacy Tech credentialed from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
- HS or Equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent required Completion of Pharmacy Technician program preferred
- 1500 hours technician experience required to work at the remote dispensing site.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
(HEALTH MINISTRY) participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.