Job ID: 301985
Respiratory Therapist (RRT), PRN
Port St. Joe, Florida
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Sacred Heart Hospital on the Gulf – Port St. Joe is hiring a Respiratory Therapist to work PRN Flexible hours!
We are thankful for our Respiratory Therapists who work in a variety of places – from the ER, ICU, patient floors to a helicopter, and respond to a variety of situations – educating patients on pulmonary issues, intubating a patient, monitoring a patient’s ventilator, etc., while being reassuring and steadfast to our patients, families, and associates.
Why Join Ascension?
Sacred Heart Health System is Northwest Florida’s leading provider of high quality healthcare for adults and children. Our system opened its first hospital in 1915, and has been providing compassionate and personalized care to all for over 100 years. Our focus is to provide spiritually centered, holistic care that sustains and improves the health of individuals and the communities we serve. We employ over 4,000 people, and are a member of the nation’s largest non-profit healthcare system, Ascension.
Sacred Heart is made up of 3 hospitals, including our main hospital in Pensacola that has 566 beds and is the region’s only facility focused on the care of kids - the Studer Family Children's Hospital at Sacred Heart.
Our hospital on the Emerald coast near Destin has 58 beds and is rated among the top hospitals in the United States for patient satisfaction. We also have a smaller hospital in Port St. Joe that has 19 beds and provides emergency services, surgical and inpatient services to the surrounding area.
What You Will Do:
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Implements and monitors patient care plan and equipment. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition. Performs advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcome.
- Educates the patient and family about the health condition and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Responds to emergency resuscitation team code.
What You Will Need:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Respiratory Therapist credentialed from the Florida Board of Respiratory Care obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
About Our Team:
Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
Culture of Service: We provide opportunities for Ascension associates to serve in their local communities through our community impact and Medical Missions at Home programs. Just last year, Ascension provided over 1.8 billion dollars in free healthcare to the poor and vulnerable through these initiatives.
Appreciation for Diversity: At Ascension, we recognize that our workforce should reflect the diversity of those we serve. We offer a place of respect and inclusion for all associates.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sacred Heart Health System is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Sacred Heart Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)