Job ID: 301885
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Float Pool
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Technical Colleague - Float Staffing 001 - PRN, Rotating - SEH St Elizabeth Hospital Oneida - Appleton, WI
Why Join Ascension?
In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care – including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities – in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.ascension.org/wisconsin. We’re looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
What You Will Do
As an associate with St. Elizabeth Hospital, you will have the opportunity to perform basic patient care activities to patients in assigned area.
- Assists with treatments ordered by physician and supervised by a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Assists patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living.
- Reports findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Assists with keeping patient rooms clean and orderly.
- Ensures accurate and complete documentation.
- Under the direction of the RN, performs advanced skills obtained through Technical Colleague training which include basic rehabilitation, respiratory therapy and EKGs.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Nursing Assistant credentialed from the state of Wisconsin, and in Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry with eligibility to work within a hospital setting obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Additional certifications may be required by specific job locations.
- HS or Equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent required Completion of a Nursing Assistant program and Technical Colleague training in advanced skills required
- No experience required; experience and/or education in the specific job field preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
(HEALTH MINISTRY) participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.