Job ID: 299381
Medical Assistant - Urgent Care
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
As a Certified Medical Assistant at our Kingsland Urgent Care you will be responsible for providing compassionate timely care for our Urgent Care patients. The ideal Medical Assistant will enjoy working in a fast-paced office environment and be skilled in triage.
Why join Ascension?
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
Shift: Clinic is open: Mon-Fri 7:30-7:30p, Sat 8:30-5p, Sun 10-4p. Schedule will rotate
What you will do:
- Assist with treatments ordered by physician as supervised by physician or registered nurse. Perform select clinical duties.
- Interview patients, measure vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Perform basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Perform basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
What you will need:
** PLEASE INCLUDE MA CERTIFICATION ON APPLICATION AND ON RESUME TO ENSURE TIMELY PROCESS OF APPLICATION **
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire.
- Certified or Registered Medical Assistant.
- National Medical Assistant (MA) Certification - CMA (Cert. Medical Assistant), RMA (Registered Medical Assistant)/AAMA Cert. (American Association of Medical Assistants). AAMA, AMT, AMCA, NAHP, NCCT and NHA are acceptable certification sites.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Completion of GA X-Ray Certification preferred.
Education: Diploma or GED required.
- 3+ years’ experience as Certified Medical Assistant.
- BMO or GA X-ray Safety Certification required within 90 days of hire,
- Urgent Care experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)