Job ID: 302388
Child Care Attendant
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Child Care Attendant - Child Development Center - Full-Time, Day - VC Hospital St Francis - Wichita, KS
Why Join Ascension?
Via Christi Health, a part of Ascension, is the largest healthcare provider in the state of Kansas. The ministry operates a network of hospitals, home care services, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, and other health services. We provide care in 22 cities; and employ approximately 6,300 employees.
What Via Christi Health offers:
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits: Via Christi Health offers a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Via Christi Health, you will have the opportunity to provide a safe environment for children.
- Ensures children are supervised at all times.
- Ensures the environment is safe, clean and in good repair. Reports deficiencies to supervisor immediately.
- Follows acceptable protocol when accepting children for child care coverage.
- Interacts with children and parents appropriately.
- Assists in maintaining the ordered arrangement, appearance, dcor, and learning environment of the classroom while allowing for the expressive and creative involvement and interaction of children.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Food Service Professional credentialed from the ServSafe National Restaurant Association obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date. Will accept Food Handler Card through City of Wichita's Environmental Health within 1 Month (30 days) of hire or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date. Pediatric CPR and First Aid through American Safety andHealth Institute (ASHI), American Heart Association (AHA) or LifeSaver Learning, Inc. obtained within 1 Months (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date will be accepted in lieu of BLS Provider.
- Heart Saver AED obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.