Job ID: 302413
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Associate Chaplain - Pastoral Spiritual Care - PRN, Rotating - Via Christi Emergency Department - Fort Scott, KS
Why Join Ascension?
Via Christi Health, a part of Ascension, is the largest healthcare provider in the state of Kansas. The ministry operates a network of hospitals, home care services, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, and other health services. We provide care in 22 cities; and employ approximately 6,300 employees. Via Christi Hospital Pittsburg was named one of the Top 100 Rural & Community Hospitals in the US by iVantage Health Analytics and The Chartis Center for Rural Health for the last 2 years in a row.
Offering emergency room, diagnostic imaging and laboratory services in Fort Scott, Kansas.
These critical services are offered in approximately 16,000-square feet of clinical space at the former hospital location. Ascension Via Christi Hospital’s Emergency Room in Fort Scott is open around the clock to treat injuries ranging from minor to the most serious.
24-hour immediate coverage by emergency medicine physicians
A comprehensive quality assessment program
Back-up care for rural and community hospitals
Continued education of the nursing and the trauma team
Prevention efforts and an active outreach program for referring communities
What Via Christi Health offers:
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits: Via Christi Health offers a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need.
What You Will Do
As a PRN Associate Chaplain with Via Christi Health, you will have the opportunity to provide religious and spiritual care and counsel for emotional and spiritual distress to patients, their families, associates and others with attention to diverse spiritual orientations and cultures.
- Assess, provide, and document pastoral care to patients, families and staff.
- Provide appropriate pastoral care to the local ministry and community through prayer and blessings.
- Provide consultation to patients, families, and medical staff with ethical decision making and values while making appropriate referrals as needed.
- Assist in planning, organizing, evaluating, and implementing the spiritual program with each local ministry in order to ensure spirituality initiatives are executed properly.
You will do all of this while contributing to mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement: Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life. Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership. Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship. Creativity - Courageous Innovation. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
If you’re looking for a career where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- None Required.
- Bachelor's Degree required and Master's Degree preferred in Theology, Religious Studies, Human Behavior or a related field prior to hire date or job transfer date. One unit required and two units preferred of Clinical Pastoral Education accredited by the ACPE.
- 2 years of healthcare experience is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.