Job ID: 303296
Medical Assistant - Call Center
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Representative - Scheduling - Surgery - PMC Podiatry - Full-Time Days - Prospect Medical Commons - Milwaukee, WI
Why Join Ascension?
In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care – including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities – in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.ascension.org/wisconsin. We’re looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension-WI, you will have the opportunity to schedule surgical procedures, appointments, resources, and/or equipment.
- Gathers necessary demographic and clinical information and enters into appropriate database. Seeks appropriate resources to resolve issues about the type, date or location of prescribed procedures. May communicate pre-service requirements and instructions.
- Schedules patient procedures in a manner that most efficiently utilizes the time and clinical resources. Makes necessary adjustments to the surgical schedule as changes occur to coordinate resources.
- Coordinates and communicates schedules.
- May assist with the coordination of activities, such as insurance pre-certification/authorization and resource usage and changes.
What You Will NeedEducation:
- HS or Equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- One year related experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement