Job ID: 303463
RN Registered Nurse - PACE Geriatric
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
RN-Geriatric-PACE - PACE Clinic - PRN,Day - Genesys PACE Center - Flint,MI
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Genesys Health System-MI, you will have the opportunity toProvides direct nursing care to geriatric patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Responsible for providing direct and indirect nursing care to assigned patients; works under the direct and indirect supervision of the Center Manager or designee, but is independent in the application of advanced nursing knowledge and skills; manages complex clinical situations for which s/he is responsible; effectively presents information and responds to questions from co-workers, participants, caregivers, and the public(* denotes an age related skill or task)
- Assessment--Collects patient data and completes required forms with appropriate responses according to unit standards; identifies patient's overt problems/needs and sets priorities; identifies problems requiring further referral and/or follow-up; interprets and records latest diagnostic results; performs advanced nursing assessment using critical thinking skills*
- Planning Care--Develops plan of care based on nursing process and incorporates the plans of other disciplines and continuing care needs; includes the patient/family in developing or revising the plan of care; makes referrals to inter-disciplinary support services; initial and periodic assessments (minimally every 6 months) to be completed prior to the scheduled team meeting; communicates participant changes to team members*
- Implementing/Managing Care: provides patient care that conforms to accepted practice standards; provides correct treatments/procedures and other care as prescribed and according to patient care standards*
- Demonstrates understanding of age-related characteristics and needs of patients served; explains nursing procedures in appropriate forms; provides participant and family education in coordination of 24 hour care delivery; identifies emergency situations and independently initiates advanced therapy; acts as coordinator of patient care with other health care personnel and evaluates patient care measures instituted; understands and demonstrates respect for patient rights and utilizes established mechanisms for management of ethical issues in patient care*
- Evaluation: Records patient care delivered as planned and any variation, with appropriate rationale; makes and records observations related to impending or associated problems; implements nursing measures related to impending or associated problems*
- Leadership: Using nursing process, delegates nursing care to appropriate personnel; integrates cost effective measures into nursing practice; recognizes unit problems and take responsibility for documenting same; demonstrates active participation in QI processes; complies with hospital expectations to meet staffing demands based on patient care needs; complies with policies addressing safe working conditions; monitors unsafe working conditions; recognizes appropriate and/or ineffective patient care management, resolves issue/problem and completes written reports; fulfills call from unit as assigned and adjust staffing for census (volume) and acuity; participates in the orientation of new staff as requested
- Participates as member of Interdisciplinary Team; attends staff meetings and takes part in participant care planning; will be required to drive daily for meetings and/or visits to participant homes and residential facilities
- Every effort has been made to identify essential functions of this position. However, this in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1.5 Months (45 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Drivers License credentialed from the Michigan Secretary of State obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Some local travel may be required.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Michigan Board of Nursing .
- One or more of the following:
- Requires liability limits of at least $100,000/$300,000 required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing is required; associate degree in Nursing is preferred and Requires at least 1 year experience working with the frail, elderly population; 3 or more years RN experience preferred, preferably in the past 3 years. Must possess knowledge and skills necessary to treat patients; other training as required by department. S/he only acts within the scope of his or her authority to practice. Meets a standardized set of competencies for the specific position description established by Genesys PACE of Genesee County and approved by CMS before working independently. Must be medically cleared for communicable diseases and have all immunizations up-to-date before engaging in direct participant contact.
Equal Employment Opportunity
(HEALTH MINISTRY) participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.