Job ID: 303425
RN Registered Nurse - Medical Surgical
Amsterdam, New York
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse - Medical Surgical - Float Staffing 001 - FT Days - St Mary's Hospital - Amsterdam, NY
Why Join Ascension?
St. Mary’s Healthcare in Amsterdam, N.Y., part of Ascension, features an award-winning acute care hospital, primary and specialty care centers throughout Fulton and Montgomery counties, more than 30 behavioral health services for persons in Fulton, Montgomery and Hamilton counties, a full continuum of physical rehabilitation services and a 160-bed nursing home. The organization has earned exceptional national rankings for excellence in medicine and has a continuing commitment to provide an exceptional patient experience.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Mary's Hospital - NY, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care to medical-surgical patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides ongoing patient assessment/evaluation that is age-specific & is reflected within the documented plan of care that is modified & individualized based on patient needs
- Documents care as per unit standard; including proper use of forms
- Performs leadership duties w/accuracy & completeness; gives patient assignment fairly, delegated appropriately, provides follow-through on identified concerns
- Performs medication administration procedures safely; utilizes all safety checks, documents effects
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the New York Department of Education obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Education & Work Experience:
- Associate's degree or certification equivalent required and Less than 6 months relevant experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity